Do you enjoy the night life? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you excel at superb customer service? The Quidi Vidi/Rennie’s River Development Foundation is presently seeking an experienced bartender/banquet server.
The QVRRDF through education, advocacy and stewardship inspires the protection, conservation and enhancement of freshwater ecosystems of the Northeast Avalon region of Newfoundland and Labrador. The QVRRDF operates The Suncor Energy Fluvarium as a public centre for environmental excellence. Our catering operations help support this mandate.
Reporting directly to the Catering Manager, you would be operating The Fluvarium’s bar as needed during catering functions. Our functions range from weddings and business events to Christmas parties and fundraising events.
This posting is for a casual part-time position. Hours will vary and include, day, evening, nights, weekends.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving drinks to a variety of customers.
- Mixing drinks as required.
- Operating a cash register.
- Balancing the opening/closing cash reports.
- Cleaning and maintaining the bar.
- Serving food during functions.
- Washing dishes as required.
- Other related duties.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Standing for extended periods
- Excellent oral communication
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
- Organize and set up bar
- Clean bar area and wash glassware
- Inform customers regarding contents of cocktails or other drinks
- Collect cash, credit/debit cards or other payment for beverages
- Record and balance beverage sales
- Store beverage and food products
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience1 year to less than 2 years
- Serve Smart certification considered an asset
- First Aid certification considered an asset
How to apply:
- By email to Antoine Harding at email@example.com
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls please.