Do you have a creative mind? Like to network? Have a love for the Environment? The Quidi Vidi/Rennie’s River Development Foundation is presently seeking a Communications/Fundraising Manager.
The QVRRDF through education, advocacy and stewardship inspires the protection, conservation and enhancement of freshwater ecosystems of the Northeast Avalon region of Newfoundland and Labrador. The QVRRDF operates The Suncor Energy Fluvarium as a public centre for environmental excellence.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you would take the lead in marketing the many aspects of The Fluvarium’s products and services. Help run and maximize the exposure on all of our internal and joint events. You would be responsible to attend networking events, apply for funds, communications and assisting the general manager as needed.
This posting is for a salaried full-time position.
Responsibilities will include:
- General marketing
- Public Relations
- Social Media management
- Proposal and grant writing
- Attend Networking Events
- Assisting with the running of internal events
- Managing a small marketing budget
- Promote and represent the foundation and its causes
Skills, interests and qualities of the ideal candidate include:
- Have superior drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to generate and work within budgets
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- An ability to work with minimal supervision
- A well-organized team player
- Ability to motivate and manage others
- Willingness to work both weekday, weekend and day and evening shifts
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the fields of communications and/or fundraising
Resumes and cover letter should be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, no telephone calls. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.