The Quidi Vidi – Rennie’s River Development Foundation (QVRRDF) through education, advocacy and stewardship inspires the protection, conservation and enhancement of freshwater ecosystems of the Northeast Avalon region of Newfoundland and Labrador. The QVRRDF operates the Suncor Energy Fluvarium as a public centre of environmental excellence located in Canada’s largest urban park.
Water is often an underappreciated resource, yet all life depends on it. The QVRRDF believes that educating and engaging youth on the importance of freshwater ecosystems helps ensure the health of tomorrow’s water resources. It is through educating the next generation that we are making a significant contribution to the preservation of our freshwater environment. The words of Baba Diom reaffirm our mission; “For in the end, we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand and we will understand only what we are taught.”
How Will My Donation Help Inspire?
The QVRRDF’s multi-faceted services and programs are directed towards raising our community’s eco-consciousness. We achieve this through offering curriculum related environmental education programs to over 10,000 K-12 students in the province, offering youth and adult adventure programming for local extra-curricular groups, as well as providing quality environmental day camps and birthday parties, expanding eco-consciousness in youth from early ages to foster a lifelong appreciation of nature.
As a non-profit, charitable organization, the Suncor Energy Fluvarium relies on the generosity of individuals, corporations, foundations as well as all three levels of government to make our work in environmental education, conservation, and stewardship possible.
You can even directly sponsor a group to participate in a environmental program. The group can be any age or size; consider girl guides, scouts, community centres, schools, senior social clubs, extracurricular groups, or even a book club. If this interests you, please see “Annual Community Sponsorship”.
Ways to Donate
Financial support for the Suncor Energy Fluvarium can be provided in various ways as listed below. Charitable donation tax receipts will be issued when eligible according to CRA.
One Time Donations/Monthly Donations
Friends of the River
- Annual Community Program Sponsorship
In-kind donations of items
- Crafting items
- Silent Auction Items
- Office Supplies
Special Projects, Capital Projects & Planned Giving
- Please contact us to schedule a meeting to discuss the variety of ways you can help inspire the protection, conservation and enhancement of freshwater ecosystems and leave an environmental legacy.
Corporate sponsors are invited to discover the benefits to their brand on the “Become a Corporate Sponsor” Page.
How Else Can I Inspire?
- Volunteer orientations happen three times a year, you can find more information about the positions available on our volunteer page.
- We have a handful of unique fundraising events every year; you can find more information on attending these on the events page or if you are interested in joining an organizing committee to plan next year’s event please contact us.
- Offer a workshop! This can mean educating our board of directors on social media or it could mean teaching young environmentalists how to tie a fishing fly. Contact us if you have a workshop idea to offer.
Need More Information?
This four page “Case for Support” will help you better understand the programs and services we offer as well as our financial need to continue running our environmental education programs.
You can always contact us for more information; we are always looking to improve our donor relations.
The QUIDI VIDI/RENNIES RIVER DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION is a charitable organization that runs the Suncor Energy Fluvarium and relies on your donations.
For more information on how you can donate, contact email@example.com