- The Suncor Energy Fluvarium is a licensed establishment. Food or beverage service can only be provided by our staff and must be consumed onsite. Drinking in public, which includes the grounds and parking lot, is prohibited and will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to terminate the function for non-compliance of this requirement. A surcharge will apply.
- Our facility can accommodate up to 100 guests seated and 200 guests for a standing reception. We are wheelchair accessible. We do not provide child seats. Please count children and all hired professionals (DJ, photographers, etc.) who require a meal in these maximums.
- Tentative bookings are held for up to two weeks and allows first right of refusal during this period. In the event another party requests that date, you will be given notice and asked to confirm your event with a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit within 48 hours to confirm your event’s date otherwise the date will be released.
- Menu/beverage selections must be provided 2 weeks prior to your event.
- The final number of people attending and their meal selections must be confirmed not less than five (5) business days prior to your event. At this time, an invoice will be drafted and the total invoice will be due immediately. Should there be any changes the invoice will be adjusted post event with the remainder of the invoice due three (3) business days following your event.
- Should numbers increase less than five (5) business days in advance, every effort will be made to accommodate this change. Most menu items are charged per person thus should
additional and unaccounted for guests attend your event, your post invoice will too reflect this increase. The post event invoice will reflect the increase from confirmed numbers, but may also include an additional charge for short notice.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover Card. Invoices and receipts will be
provided by email or may be picked up at The Fluvarium.
- Should there be less than $200 in bar sales a bartender labour charge of $75 will apply.
- The use of Balloons or Confetti in The Suncor Energy Fluvarium in not allowed under any
- In the event of physical damages, excessive clean-up required or the use of confetti or balloons during the function, you will be invoiced accordingly for the cost of cleanup and/or repairs.
- No deliveries, including wedding or professional cakes, will be accepted prior to the time booked. Fridge space will not be provided. The Fluvarium is not responsible for outside cakes.
- The Suncor Energy Fluvarium is not responsible for any loss or damage of items brought into the facility nor for parking lot security. If you are interested in parking lot security, please ask us for a quote. Security to be provided by a third party.
- There is a strictly enforced, non-smoking policy on our deck. Smoking areas are designated.
- We aim to be a scent free environment at all times. Pets are not allowed.
- If the event includes music (background/DJ), due to Canadian Legislation, a Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada License (SOCAN) fee will be applied. The required fee is $29.56 (without dancing) or $59.17 (with dancing).
- The Suncor Energy Fluvarium exhibit levels are available for viewing during regular business hours. Viewing after-hours is available for a fee of $100.00 per hour and must be pre-booked. Food and beverage is not permitted downstairs. Tours and environmental education programs are available for $6 per person.
- For wedding bookings, a fee of $75.00 will apply.
- Outside ceremonies are available please contact our catering team for pricing. Day of ceremony a decision must be made by 9 A.M. to have an afternoon ceremony inside due to weather in order to allow for setup.
- Inside ceremonies and receptions are held in the same space. Please allow for at least two hours between end of ceremony to allow for reception setup.
- For decorating purposes, the facility must be rented for all slots between when the decorations are first installed and when they are removed. Morning removal, at cost of room rental, is only available should the facility not be booked for another event the week of your booked event. Without additional rental, decorations must be removed at the end of the event. Labour not provided. Clean up of left over decorations maybe subject to a fee.
- Candy buffets are permitted though not provided.
- The only decorations provided are white lights around some windows and Christmas decorations starting mid-November through December include a Christmas Tree.
- Candles can be used, however, due to fire safety concerns must be placed in enclosed glass containers.
- The room will be setup as requested upon your arrival. (Chair covers are not provided).
- Additional services are available upon request and priced accordingly.
- There is a minimum food order required to book the facility, otherwise a service fee will be charged.
- Wireless is complimentary. Please ask our catering team for the password. No technical support is available onsite.
- For a venue viewing, please contact our catering team. Viewings are free of charge, but require an appointment. Appointments are scheduled not more than one week before the desired viewing and will be postponed should the space become booked for that time.
- All prices are subject to change without notice. 15% service charge (gratuity) is applicable on food and beverage service.
- All bar events with more that 50 attendees are required to have security. Security charges are not optional, and are based on hours booked and number of guests attending. Security will be provided by an outside security company. Speak to our catering staff for rates.
Events cancelled for any reason prior to five (5) business days, forfeit room rental. Events cancelled for any reason within five (5) business days, forfeit room rental and 100% of the estimated catering invoice. The only exception to this policy is Cancellation due to inclement weather.
Cancellations due to inclement weather:
In conjunction with the catering team, the general manager and you, the host, we will come to a decision whether to open the building and continue with your event. In the event you cancel your event and the building remains open, you will be responsible for 100% of the estimated catering invoice. In the event the building is closed resulting in the event being cancelled, you may reschedule your event without penalty for the next available date, otherwise the room rental and 50% of the estimated catering invoice is forfeit.