The Winners of the 28th Annual Duck Race held on Sept. 25, 2016 are as follows:
The Early Bird Draw (drawn August 29) winners were:
1610 – Cody
Winners for the day of the Race were Ticket numbers:
First place – 0246 “Maya Neesha”
Second place – 1777 “Penalope”
Third Place – 0527 “Liam”
Fourth Place – 1874 “Lucky Duck”
Fifth Place – 2113 “Angel”
Sixth Place – 2104 “Seamus”
Seventh Place – 2782 “Irene”
Eighth Place – 1766 “Martin”
Ninth Place – 1708 “Tutu Duck”
Tenth Place – 0027 “Tom”
Congratulations to all the winners, and a special thanks to all our sponsors for making this another successful year.
Do you have a creative mind? Like to network? Have a love for the Environment? The Quidi Vidi/Rennie’s River Development Foundation is presently seeking a Communications/Fundraising Manager.
The QVRRDF through education, advocacy and stewardship inspires the protection, conservation and enhancement of freshwater ecosystems of the Northeast Avalon region of Newfoundland and Labrador. The QVRRDF operates The Suncor Energy Fluvarium as a public centre for environmental excellence.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you would take the lead in marketing the many aspects of The Fluvarium’s products and services. Help run and maximize the exposure on all of our internal and joint events. You would be responsible to attend networking events, apply for funds, communications and assisting the general manager as needed.
This posting is for a salaried full-time position.
Responsibilities will include:
- General marketing
- Public Relations
- Social Media management
- Proposal and grant writing
- Attend Networking Events
- Assisting with the running of internal events
- Managing a small marketing budget
- Promote and represent the foundation and its causes
Skills, interests and qualities of the ideal candidate include:
- Have superior drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to generate and work within budgets
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- An ability to work with minimal supervision
- A well-organized team player
- Ability to motivate and manage others
- Willingness to work both weekday, weekend and day and evening shifts
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the fields of communications and/or fundraising
Resumes and cover letter should be forwarded via email to email@example.com Please, no telephone calls. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The 28th Annual RBC Rennie’s River Duck Race is just around the corner. Do you have your ducks in a row?
Help the ducklings get across the finish line! Visit an RBC branch or The Suncor Energy Fluvarium today to purchaser your tickets for a chance to win one of three prizes!
Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25 and be sure to come out on race day, Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016 and cheer on your duck as it travels from the Stephen Herder Memorial Bridge to the finish line.
Don’t forget about The Free Family Fun Day, with a bouncy castle, barbecue, face painting, sticky toffee pudding and music!
Visit our Duck Race page for more info.
Licence No. 16-10172700LT