Administrative Assistant/Bookings Manager Temporary Maternity Leave Position
Do you love the environment and working as part of a team? The Suncor Energy Fluvarium is looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented people person who is able to multi-task to fill a temporary maternity leave position as Administrative Assistant/Bookings Manager.
The Quidi Vidi/Rennie’s River Development Foundation (QVRRDF) through education, advocacy and stewardship inspires the protection, conservation and enhancement of freshwater ecosystems of the Northeast Avalon region of Newfoundland and Labrador. The QVRRDF operates The Suncor Energy Fluvarium as a public centre for environmental excellence located in Canada’s largest urban park.
The position is responsible for the following duties:
- Answering phone calls, screening and directing to appropriate people
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable including but not limited to
- Donor management including tax receipts
- Taking and managing all catering bookings
- Coordinating with Executive Chef/Catering Manager on all catering bookings
- Greeting visitors and running front desk cash including admissions, gift shop
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Order janitorial and kitchen supplies as needed and requested
- Communicating with cleaners and maintenance staff
- Attending Occupational Health And Safety meetings
- Assist with all aspects of all fundraising activities
- Monitor social media and respond appropriately to messages.
- Assist with social media posts for all aspects of the building
- Assist the General Manager in day-to-day operations
- Other related duties
Qualifications would include having a post-secondary degree in business administration, or one to two years of relevant experience. WHSCC certification and first aid certification would be an asset. Candidates should also possess strong people skills, the ability to work independently, have exceptional organization skills and be a team player.
Interested applications may forward their resume to Dan Helmbold, General Manager at email@example.com or via fax at 709-754-5947. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.